This is done through the service dashboard. The Service dashboard is only available to our business users and can be accessed through https://calendar42.com/accounts/management/
Calendars or groups within service have to be added through the service management dashboard. They can not be added within the applications. Calendars determine the type of notifications that go out within a service. Events placed within a calendar created within the apps will send out notifications using Calendar42's default templates.
Adding a calendar or group to your service
- Go to your service dashboard, select your service, click 'groups' in the main navigation and click the '+ Add a group' button.
- Enter the name of the group, you can change this later on.
- Check the checkbox if you want to be part of the group yourself, meaning it's events will show up in the app.
- Click 'Add' to add the group.
Assigning a it to a user
When you assign a user to a group, the group will show up in the apps when logged in with their account. The easiest way to assign groups is by adding it to the user on the user detail page itself.
- Go to your service dashboard, select your service, click 'groups' in the main navigation and select the user you want to add the group to.
- Click the 'Add groups' button and use the checkboxes to select on or multiple groups.
- Click 'Add groups' again to add them to the user.
- You can now change the rights (read & write) by clicking the blue links behind the group names.
Removing a user from a group
Note that you can not remove a group entirely from the service, though you can remove users from the group. Events they've been attending will remain visible within their calendars. Others will be removed.
- Go to your service dashboard, select your service, click 'groups' in the main navigation and select the group you want to remove the user from.
- Find the user by searching on name or email address.
- Hover over the user for a cross to appear at the end of the line. Click the cross and confirm to remove the user from the group.